Nature And Environment Awareness Program (NEAP)
This project educates and creates awareness about the environment amongst young children from all sections of society. NEAP has been one of the most successful projects of FODS.
Under this project events like painting competitions, nature based film screenings, field trips to environmentally rich locations and the start of ‘nature clubs’ amongst children are organized by FODS. This is done at various schools to enhance the awareness and sensitivity of children towards their environment. Students are encouraged to keenly observe life around them and are given the opportunity to create innovative ideas for protecting the environment.
Initially having started with English medium school children , the NEAP program has now expanded to take in children from economically weak backgrounds, with Hindi as the teaching medium. The children from sometimes shanty classrooms are given an opportunity of a lifetime with their exposure to NEAP’s variety of outdoor activities. They are taken on safaris in the jungle, to prestigious academic institutes such as the Geological Survey of India, the National Science Museum, the Forest Research Institute, Wild Life Institute of India (WII) etc.
NEAP has become an integral part of many schools curriculum, with requests from staff and students to return year after year.
The Recipients of NEAP Program Have Been :
- Government Girls Inter College, Rajpur Road, Dehradun
- Rajkiya Poorva Madhyamik Vidyalaya, Rajpur Road Dehradun
- CNI, Girls Inter College, Rajpur Road, Dehradun
- John Martyn Memorial School, Dehradun
- Gurunanak Adarsh Junior High School, Daluwala Majabata
- Government Junior High School, Rasulpur.
- Rajkiya Ucchatar Madhyamik Vidyalaya, Teera Tanda
- Mangla Devi Vidya Mandi, EC Road, Dehradun